How Does AUDIENT Work?
AUDIENT helps provide hearing aids and care at a significantly lower cost for low income seniors, children, and adults.
Steps in the process:
- AUDIENT candidates will be income qualified. Download the application, complete it, the applicant must sign it, and send it with a copy of proof of income to AUDIENT.
- AUDIENT will refer income qualified participants to an AUDIENT Hearing Care Provider in their area who will determine which hearing aid(s) provided through AUDIENT will be suitable for the participant's hearing loss
- All AUDIENT income qualified families and seniors will pay the AUDIENT fees* of $760 - $1,400 for one hearing aid or $1,290 - $2,400 for two hearing aids. These costs include hearing aid(s), a fitting, three adjustments, and a limited warranty.
- Upon completion of payment, the hearing aids will be ordered. Within roughly two weeks the AUDIENT hearing care provider will fit the participant with the hearing aids.
- Towards the end of the 30 day trial period, the participant returns to sign off on the hearing aids.
If the hearing aids are not beneficial to the participant's hearing loss, they can return them in good condition within 30 days of their fitting to the AUDIENT hearing care provider who fit them, and AUDIENT will refund the full amount paid to AUDIENT.
*Fees are subject to change without notice.
updated January 4, 2010